Le Deuxième

French Word of the Day: deuxième (dooze-E-em) second

Well folks, treatment number two has arrived!  Both my parents have joined me again.  My mom brought cookies for all the nurses in the infusion lab (for bribery to get the best chair, I assume.  She’s a tricksy one, that Siobhan).  The nurses loved the cookies and have been extremely nice (well-played, mom, well-played).

To be fair, they were nice last time too.

I have been warned several times that the effects are accumulative, so I’ll get at least as sick if not sicker this time- but also assured that sometimes people don’t have any issues at all.  (“It’s probably going to SUCK, but it could also be okay.  Who knows, right?”)  Gotta love how forthright the medical community is.  I’m going to be the first person who gets less sick each time.  By the sixth time, the chemo won’t even enter my body- it’ll just go straight through.

My partner in chemo crime.

My partner in chemo crime.

Well, I’d love to stay and chat, but we’re busy watching TV shows about polygamy.  (HBO’s Big Love anyone?  I think we’ve confused everyone else in the room with our running commentary.  “Wait, he’s getting ANOTHER wife?”  “Oh, she’s so gonna kill him.”)

Advertisements

About The Meghan

I'm a lupus survivor who spent a year and a half in France. Now, I'm trying to incorporate the best parts of French culture into an American lifestyle.
This entry was posted in Lupus and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Le Deuxième

1. Anonymous says:

So smart! Always bring the treats on the way in to the treatment or hospital….for obvious reasons! Thinking of you today take care always1

2. Connor Chadwick says:

My awesome godmother with her awesome daughter!

3. Alyssa says:

You should watch “Sister Wives” next time. That show is INCREDIBLE. Mainly it’s incredibly that the guy got four women to marry him.

4. Ann says:

I agree 100 percent Alyssa

5. Ann says:

Meg – 2 down, 4 to go. Hopefully the first is the worst and the lt is the best, with a being tired the only bad side effect.

6. Nancy says:

Great attitude! I had chemo today, too, after a pre-dawn MRI at Loyola. You have super chemo buddies!

7. Adriana Guzman says:

Meghan what a nice photo of you and your mom. You look BEAUTIFUL! I admire how you write about your illness in such an honest and direct way. You are a funny young lady that speaks directly from her heart. Thank you for sharing your experience through your words. Hope you don’t feel too bad after this treatment. Take care and God Bless!

8. Bev Mandolini says:

Hi Meghan,
    Great picture of you and Mom, love seeing your smiling face. I am sure you are getting better with each trip and can show the others how it’s done. Take care of Mom, tell her hi for me.
    Take care of yourself, get lots of rest, and eat your vegtables…. only if they agree with you.

9. Jim Collins says:

Thinking of and praying for you, Meghan. Thanks for being a great inspiration and stay strong!