French Word(s) of the Day: trop chaud (troh show)- too hot
Mother Nature has been testing us all with her heat waves. Perhaps she’s trying to burn us all of the face of the Earth? Because in case you were wondering, 100 degrees Fahrenheit is hot.
You know how much I love my lists, so here’s my handy-dandy Surviving a Scorching Summer guide (note: these are in no way environmentally friendly):
- Do not go outside
- I mean it
- If you have to go outside, get ice cream.
- Or make friends with someone who has a pool. Use them for their pool.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Don’t bother to make your hair look pretty; it won’t by the end of the day. In fact, your hair may need sunscreen. Indulge it.
- Get air conditioning. Ignore everyone who says air conditioning is bad for your health/ pollutes the air. Try not to say, “I told you so” when they ask if they can use your air conditioning because their homes are unlivable. (But really, I did tell you so.)
- In a pinch, standing in front of the refrigerator will do.
- Plan a trip to the South Pole. I hear it’s lovely this time of year.
Of course, I’m currently wearing tights, a scarf and a sweater because it’s so cold in our office building. I’m expecting it to start snowing any minute. Never fear; I’ll go outside and thaw in under 20 seconds.
Just curious, has anyone attempted to fry an egg on the sidewalk? Does that work?